3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2010 10:04 PM by dave_d

False positive Artemis!B048530CB9A7 IN WOW TUNNELS CLIENT

Hi there since may 15 ive been been getting this alert in a program called wowtunnels client 1.4 which i find strange because i have been using this program for a couple of weeks without any problems and suddenly its now being flagged as a trojan and being quarantined everytime i want to use it can we please get this cleared up so i can enjoy playing world of warcraft again .I can attach the file if required please advise

• 1. Re: False positive Artemis!B048530CB9A7 IN WOW TUNNELS CLIENT

Sorry about double post but ive just discovered about sending a sample for testing but cant seem to figure out how to password the zip file sorry but new to all this so may need some help i have windows vista.ive also just sent this item to mcafee through the quarintine section of my mcafee securitycentre is that good enough ? ok ive had some help and have sent a password protected zipped folder for testing any helpful responses would be great

Message was edited by: dave_d on 5/18/10 2:22:15 AM CDT

Message was edited by: dave_d on 5/18/10 11:57:40 PM CDT
          • 2. Re: False positive Artemis!B048530CB9A7 IN WOW TUNNELS CLIENT

Hi Dave,

Sorry for delay in response.

We have examined the file in question and no malware was found further we have whitelisted the file.

As Artemis is updated in real-time there is no requirement to wait for a full DAT update nor to use an EXTRA.DAT intermediate solution. Simply wait approximately 30 minutes and this false will no longer exist or trigger on your system. Depending on the network settings you have or the caching involved between your system and ours it may take slightly longer for this false alarm to be resolved.

Regards

Neha Chattopadhyay

McAfee SME

• 3. Re: False positive Artemis!B048530CB9A7 IN WOW TUNNELS CLIENT

Thank you very much for all youre help much appreciated

Message was edited by: dave_d on 5/20/10 10:04:18 PM CDT