4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2010 8:23 AM by ksamir

step by step to install patch 3 on McAfee Antivirus Server ePO 4.5 ?

Dear All,

i am using ePO 4.5 patch 2 and lately i realize that patch 3 is releazed.

may u provide me the steps how to attach patch 3 to McAfee Antivirus server ePO 4.5 ?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: step by step to install patch 3 on McAfee Antivirus Server ePO 4.5 ?

As far as I know ePO 4.5 is still at patch level 1. patch level 2 is available as a managed release. where did your hear about patch 3?

are you talking about virusscan 8.7i patch 3?

• 2. Re: step by step to install virusscan 8.7i + antispyware enterprise  patch 3 ?

yes, virusscan 8.7i + antispyware enterprise  patch 3

may u provide me the steps how to install it..

Regards.

• 3. Re: step by step to install patch 3 on McAfee Antivirus Server ePO 4.5 ?

Dear KSamir,

The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 just have the Patch 1 (build number 4.5.0.851) released to the world and available for download. Note that the ePO 4.5 is the manager.

However the last client version is the VirusScan 8.7 Patch 3. This client should be installed on every node in your network running Microsoft Windows. So via ePO you can deploy policies, tasks and see events of all of your systems running McAfee VIrusScan.

Assuming that you want to deploy the Patch 3 for VirusScan, here you have the steps. First of all you need to download the Patch 3 for VSE 8.7 (VSE87P3.zip) on the McAfee Website:

Installation steps via ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x

1. On the computer where the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x console resides, place the Patch archive VSE87P3.zip in a temporary folder on your hard drive.
              2. Open the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x console and add the VSE87P3.zip package from the temporary folder created in Step 1 to your repository.
                NOTE: Refer to Checking in Packages Manually in the ePolicy Orchestrator 4.x online Help, for instructions on adding a package to the repository. The package type for this Patch is “Products or Updates (.ZIP).”
              3. The next time an agent update task runs, the VirusScan Enterprise client automatically downloads and installs the Patch.
              4. From the top menu of the ePolicy Orchestrator console, click "Configuration."
              5. From the menu tabs, click Extensions, then click Install Extensions in the lower left of the window.
              6. Click Browse and locate the VIRUSCAN8700.zip extension update from the temporary folder created in Step 1.
              7. Click OK to begin the extension update.
              8. Repeat the check-in process for the VIRUSCANREPORTS.zip reports extension
                NOTE: Once the extensions are updated, the version can be verified in the ePolicy Orchestrator Extensions list (see Patch Inventory for version information).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bruno

• 4. Re: step by step to install patch 3 on McAfee Antivirus Server ePO 4.5 ?

Thank you Bruno for your precious information.