6 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 3:49 PM by Peacekeeper

Program permission - latest version of McAfee

I know that with last version of McAfee - I could go to Program Permissions - and delete items that said something like no longer used - now with the newer version - when I access - do not see any of this - are the programs automaticly removed - Thanks for any help!!!!

• 1. Re: Program permission - latest version of McAfee
          k3tg

I just checked my program permissions and see that I have 1 program that is no longer there but it still shows up in the listing. I have the option of deleting it, so upon doing so it will no longer appear in the listings.

• 2. Re: Program permission - latest version of McAfee

Thanks for the reply but not quite sure what you mean as to some not there but shows up - on my last version of McAfee - in the program permissions - items not used were dimmed and said no longer used - this latest version - lists all type of files and have to click on each one and see if no longer used!!!!

• 3. Re: Program permission - latest version of McAfee
              k3tg

I should have clarified this in my first post. I have 1 program I no longer use and have deleted out of my computer, but it still shows up in the listings and it is not grayed out or dimmed out. If I delete it it will go away and not come back into the listings again unless I redownload it and then of course my firewall depending on the settings will put it back in there and show that it is given full access, or outgoing only, etc. If you reset your firewall to default settings as you use your computer for the different programs that need program permissions they will start reappearing in the list.

I hope this explains this better. Maybe ExBrit or Peacekeeper will chime in and explain it better than I did.

• 4. Re: Program permission - latest version of McAfee
                Peacekeeper

Tom 's explanation correct as far as I see that option removed ie new version removes them whereas old version left trash.

Mine also clear of old programs I suppose best way to test is pick a program, allow it access and then remove it and check it is now not in the list.

• 5. Re: Program permission - latest version of McAfee

Perhaps I did not explain clearly what I was asking - whenever I went to Program Permissions in older version - the items not any longer used were dimmed and could just click on and select delect - now with the latest version - nothing is displayed like that - have select each one separetly and go from there - or as I had asked - are all unused items removed automatically - Thanks

• 6. Re: Program permission - latest version of McAfee
                    Peacekeeper

Yes just spoke to our tech he says the dimmed list has been fixed ie removed. Will test the feature later