7 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2010 4:29 PM by Milomi

Am i protected issue

Hi am having this constant irritating error,i have updated my mccafee system over and over again just dont understand why?i also get the message the detection signature file is between 8 and 29 days old,can someone assist

• 1. Re: Am i protected issue
          Dinz

Hi Miolmi,

Please provide some more details about the issue so that we could assist you better on this;

How is the computer currently connected to internet ? (dsl/wireless/cable)
          Check and delete if you have any other security software installed in the computer .
          Check whether the system date & time are correct ?

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: Am i protected issue

The system date and time is all fine,am using a mobile connect card from Vodacom,The problem only started 2 weeks ago,I have been using mcafee for over 6 months and there is no conflicting sofware,the prooblem started when i deleted my outlook signature and placed a new one since then it always indicate am not protected,maybe i should delete and reinstall the mcafee software.

• 3. Re: Am i protected issue
              Dinz

Hello Milomi,

The DAT files are not receiving updates and that is why you get a message Signature files are between 8-29 days old

Please run Mcafee virtual technician from here : http://mvt.mcafee.com which will try updating mcafee products, and provide us a session id, which will help me trace more info on your products. Please post me back your session id .

Regards,
              Dinesh K
              McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 4. Re: Am i protected issue

Hi

My problem still persist my session id is 25592969

• 5. Re: Am i protected issue

Hi miolmi

In the McAfee main screen > at the lower right corner click "about " > u'll find the version of all the mcafee  components like security center  and virus scan . Underneath the virus scan 13.15 u'll find the DAT version .

also in yur computr screen go to start > control panel > add or remove programs (if windows xp ) else if ( windows vista ) go to start >  control panel > programs > programs & features > check what all the mcafee options  you see and also check whether u hav any other 3rd party antivirus security  if so just remove the  3rd party antivirus softwares .

Message was edited by: kumaravel on 5/16/10 5:30:42 AM CDT

Message was edited by: kumaravel on 5/16/10 5:32:34 AM CDT
                  • 6. Re: Am i protected issue

try to use this link in your computer which is specifically designed for the issue u hav ...

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MSCPRXFIX.exe.

after running this tool restart the system and then try  updating mcafee .

• 7. Re: Am i protected issue

My problems are getting worse,after going though the help menue i changed the DAT file to datold and now am getting a red warning as attached,i have done almost all as indicated and the problem persists,do you thing i should rather reinstall Mcafee.

Message was edited by: Milomi on 2010/05/18 4:29:19 PM