Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
10167 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2010 9:56 AM by JoeBidgood RSS 1 2 Previous Next
tesdall Apprentice 96 posts since
Dec 2, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 13, 2010 9:56 AM

Delete Sitelist.xml

I recently updated our EPO from 4.0 to 4.5 and updated all the agents to from 4.0 to 4.5 as well. However, it seems some of them didn't get the new sitelist.xml. I have tried to delete the sitelist.xml because i heard that it will just pull down the new one. When i try to delete it i get an access denied error message. Im guessing that one of the mcafee services is holding onto it. I cannot stop the services because thats how i have it turned on in the EPO.

 

So my question to you is, how do i get all of my machines to update with the new sitelist.xml? It's correct on the server. I have tried a kix script that loads at bootup but it didn't delete the file either (kix script is a high level batch file).

 

So, can you help?

  • Attila Polinger Veteran 1,161 posts since
    Dec 8, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    3. May 14, 2010 7:43 AM (in response to tesdall)
    Re: Delete Sitelist.xml

    It is Solution 2 in the article that I intended to highlight (but did not do that, sorry). It is applicable for you MA 4 and above.

    As I saw your intent was to replace the sitelist on many systems, because they did not get it from the new ePO server for some reason.

     

    Attila

  • JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,860 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    5. May 17, 2010 8:58 AM (in response to tesdall)
    Re: Delete Sitelist.xml

    If the client machines are communicating with the server correctly, then a quick and dirty approach is simply to make the ePO server think that the sitelist has changed. Simply add a dummy distributed repository - the details can be junk, it's only going to exist for a few moments - and then delete it again. This will update the timestamp on the sitelist but make no functional change, causing all the clients to request the new list.

     

    HTH -

     

    Joe




    (Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)



  • JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,860 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    7. May 17, 2010 9:27 AM (in response to tesdall)
    Re: Delete Sitelist.xml

    Ah - that's a different kettle of fish

    If the keys don't match then they won't be communicating, so that trick won't work.

    Depending on your environment you could try this:

     

    1) In the ..\DB\Keystore folder on the server, locate the sr<servername>.zip file

    2) Extract srpubkey.bin and reqseckey.bin from this to a temporary location

    3) Copy the sitelist.xml from the ..\DB folder to the same temporary location

    4) Copy these three files to a temp folder (e. c:\keys) on the client machine

    5) On the client machine, locate frminst.exe

    6) Then from a command prompt, execute:

     

    FRMINST /Install=agent /siteinfo=c:\keys\sitelist.xml

     

    This will hopefully install the new sitelist and keys, allowing the agents to communicate.

     

    Alternatively, force uninstall the agent from the affected machines, and then install the framepkg from the new ePO server - a simpler but less elegant approach

     

    Regards -

     

    Joe




    (Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)



1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

  • Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points