4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2010 12:56 PM by Dinz RSS

IE not working. McAfee Error message: mcafee HTML UI container has stopped working

Please help. All the sudden I cannot get on the internet using Internet Explorer at all and this message keeps popping up. " McAfee HTML UI Container has stopped working" I can get on the intenet using Mozilla, however, this annoying message pops up about every minute. I have already tried uninstalling McAfee, system restore and scan and nothing has changed. Any ideas? Thank you.

• 1. Re: IE not working. McAfee Error message: mcafee HTML UI container has stopped working
          kumar_B

Hi this is kumar,

r  u  using xp or vista .

check date & time of your computer at lower right corner (if it's incorrect  do pls change it ).

check whether you have any 3rd party antivirus security  if so  remove them .

In your internet explorer  at the very top u'll have a menu bar ( if not press  F10 in the  keryboard ) > go to help > about internet explorer  >> and check  cipher strength and product id if it exists  do pls rply with that ...

Try to reset internet explorer first  by going to  " start >  control panel >  internet options > advanced > reset internet explorer settings ( u can find this at the very bottom of the internet options )

or go to  " start >  control panel >  network & internet connections >  internet options > advanced > reset internet explorer settings ( u can find this at the very bottom of the internet options )    . May i know when the problem started .

When you open mcafee  do you have any msg like "am i protected " or " your computer is secure or is at risk " since u did  system restore mcafee  dat versions would have reverted back to a older date hence it might say like system not protected .

If u r using a home edition of mcafee then try to go to mvt.mcafee.com where u can install the latest version of mcafee virtual technician  and when u rn it it will provide u wth a session id ...

Message was edited by: kumaravel on 5/16/10 9:05:21 AM CDT
          • 2. Re: IE not working. McAfee Error message: mcafee HTML UI container has stopped working
            April Jacobs

I've moved this post to our home user discussion area.

• 3. Re: IE not working. McAfee Error message: mcafee HTML UI container has stopped working
              Dinz

Hi,

Do you still face any issue regarding the pop ups message ??

Regards,
              Dinesh K
              McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 4. Re: IE not working. McAfee Error message: mcafee HTML UI container has stopped working
                Dinz

Hi ,

Can you please provide the following information,

What is the operating system we use ?
                What is the version of internet explorer ?
                Do we have the windows up-to-date.
                How old is the computer ?

Kindly get back with the following information so that we could proceed further.

Note : Please don’t reply back to the email  notification that you receive, rather reply back in your original thread so that they are replied soon.

Thanks,
                Dinesh K
                McAfee Online Community Moderator