0 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2010 1:32 PM by MatthewMB

Firewall Alerts - Not able to turn off

McAfee Total Protection 2010 - New Verion just pushed out in May.

In McAfee, I have all "Informational Alerts" and "Protection Alerts (firewall)" turned off.

But, on WinXP Pro startup, the alert still pops up.

I cannot turn it off.

In the last version, I could turn off the alert about no firewall and no Windows AutoUpdate.

I've done the support (non-support) chat and phone call.  No help.  Of, course.  Why pay for these people in India to man the phones that only serves the purpose of disrespecting all the customers?  I'd rather get a busy signal or a message telling me that support is unavailable.  The fake help is totally disrespectful, as if I'm so stupid and my time so invaluable as to actually believe that I'd get support through such a system.......  grumble grumble.

Anyways, the new "face lift" does not work in re the firewall alert.  There's no way to turn it off, while also making the choice to NOT have any firewall installed.

Also, the new version seems vastly inferior to the prior one in that there are a lot fewer choices/settings allowed.  This has been a pattern for quite a few years now.  Each newer version offers less ability to make any settings.  Many years ago, you could set which file types to scan / ignore, which drives or directories to monitor / not monitor, etc, etc.  I've been a loyal customer ever since day one, but about to switch all my several hundred computers to a competitor....

Matt Bowers, President

Innovative Solutions