Hello Joshua Ahn
While searching the clue and solution to my problem "HIP 18.104.22.1680 (MR3) deployment failure", I ran into your note for anther issue.
Your note is included here for easy reading:
Host IPS Client 7.0.0 Patch 5 updates only Host IPS Client 7.0.0. It does not update an earlier version.
Patch 5 is language independent and updates English and non-English systems. Host IPS 7.0.0 Patch 5
does not require a restart but may cause a brief interruption in network traffic.
To install using ePolicy Orchestrator, add the package to the ePolicy Orchestrator repository. The package
will show version ‘Win-5’. Deploy using an ePolicy Orchestrator agent Update task.
To install locally, run the patch installation application on the target system. To do this:
1. Disable Host IPS protection with an ePolicy Orchestrator delivered policy or in the local client UI.
2. Run McAfeeHIP_ClientPatch5.exe.
3. Enable Host IPS protection.
A bit of history:
1) Originally, my ePO had HIP 22.214.171.1243 (before MR1). I had to upgrade my ePO server to MR1, MR2, MR3 and eventually MR4 for the inspection. During MR1, I deployed HIP to many of my managed machines or clients. I had a hard time at that time. I learned that If it was that difficult to deploy HIP why not upgrade ePO server to at least MR3 (there is a reason for not going all the way to MR4, at least in my opinion which could be wrong) and deploy HIP agent. In the process, I tested HIP deployment from time to time. Because of that "testing", few of my clients have HIP from 126.96.36.1991 and 188.8.131.523. But the majority had 184.108.40.2066 during MR1.
2) For the past 2 days, I was able to deploy HIP 220.127.116.110 to 9 clients. (Deploy means using Product Deployment task). Up to now, I have always used Deployment task. But your statment (which was quoted from McAfee KB...) may solve my problem. However before messing up more, I would like to ask you a question.
Q1: In updating (using Product update task) HIP 7.x to 18.104.22.1680, will I choose "Selected Packages" to include Engine, DAT and then Patches/Service Packs to include HIPS 7.0.0? If not what options should I choose?
Note: I did checked in the package and it was indeed "WIN-5".
Thanks in advance.