3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2010 2:24 PM by exbrit

Updating of VirusScan Plus Application?

I have a 3 user license for VirusScan Plus which is on the 3 computers on my home network.  Last week it appears that one of the three VSPlus applications updated itself automatically -- the VSPlus screens are completely different and the icon in the tray and on the desktop changed from rectangular to a shield shaped icon.  The home screen has gone from a "security center" screen to a "VSPlus" screen.  I've not been able to get the other two to update by clicking the "Update" button.  My network manager on the updated computer says the other two computers need to be updated  -- the network manager page on the non-updated computers claims that the "updated" computer is not updated. I can't manage the networks without all the VSPlus applications being the same updated version.

Also, the updated version took much longer to do it's scheduled scan than the old version.

All three VSPlus applications say that the computer is protected and VSPlus is up to date when I activate the update button.

1. Do I have a valid update of the application on the one computer?

2. Will the other two comoputers eventually update automatically?

3. If  not, what do  I need to do to update them manually.

• 1. Re: Updating of VirusScan Plus Application?
          exbrit

David1937 wrote:

I have a 3 user license for VirusScan Plus which is on the 3 computers on my home network.  Last week it appears that one of the three VSPlus applications updated itself automatically -- the VSPlus screens are completely different and the icon in the tray and on the desktop changed from rectangular to a shield shaped icon.  The home screen has gone from a "security center" screen to a "VSPlus" screen.  I've not been able to get the other two to update by clicking the "Update" button.  My network manager on the updated computer says the other two computers need to be updated  -- the network manager page on the non-updated computers claims that the "updated" computer is not updated. I can't manage the networks without all the VSPlus applications being the same updated version.

Also, the updated version took much longer to do it's scheduled scan than the old version.

All three VSPlus applications say that the computer is protected and VSPlus is up to date when I activate the update button.

1. Do I have a valid update of the application on the one computer? Yes you do.

2. Will the other two comoputers eventually update automatically?  Yes, update times vary from server to server.

3. If  not, what do  I need to do to update them manually. You can expedite matters, but that would involve uninstalling, running the removal tool (MCPR) linked under Useful Links above, rebooting and reinstalling from the online account.

• 2. Re: Updating of VirusScan Plus Application?

Thanks, Peter --- that answers my question -- I'll just be patient.

David

• 3. Re: Updating of VirusScan Plus Application?
              exbrit

You're welcome.  By the way the new version takes longer because it throttles back if it detects the machine is in use.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/05/10 3:24:33 EDT PM