2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2010 7:45 AM by newjack

Browser gaurd questions

Hi,

After  frustrateing problems over the past several weeks with my Mcafee security center. I took the advise of a respected forum volunteer (Ex-brit) & uninstalled and reinstalled Mcafee.Although i am still waiting for Tromine to get back to me over some suspicious problems i am still experiencing i found new problems.When going into system gaurds i noticed some where disabled after the reinstall.Can anyone tell me what the proper settings are for these items?I can`t imagine they should be disabled but this is how it loaded.Also notice that under details,the item that is not in the image is also disabled(context menu handlers) under details.Also here is another image of other disabled items.Can somebody please advise? This is an ongoing problem and i am frustrated and seem to keep finding new areas that are unprotected.

Thanks in advance for any info Jack

I assume that they should all be set to at the least log.But should these be to alert also?

capture 2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Message was edited by: newjack on 5/8/10 3:30:16 PM EDT
        • 1. Re: Browser gaurd questions

Still wondering if there is a reason as to why my reinstall would load this way.I have been having ongoing problems with no answers as seen here.

http://community.mcafee.com/thread/24165?start=15&tstart=0  As i am still waiting for an answer to many ongoing problems that i keep finding since about 2 weeks ago.I can assume that some of my messages go unanswered & pushed to the back of the pile.Perhaps because of the way i have expressed my self on these forums.Keep in mind that many of these comments are made from frustrations by a customer that feels fleeced.I understand problems arise from time to time.But the end result is that I still have no answer to the Above link which "sounds fishy"

and continue to uncover more catastrophies waiting to happen.So i guess i may be infected (if not already)by the time i can get an answer.

Still waiting Jack

Message was edited by: newjack on 5/9/10 1:22:57 PM EDT
          • 2. Re: Browser gaurd questions

I am talking to my self i guess.LOL anyone know the answer please.What would be best settings for these items?Or at least what should the default seetings be?

Thanks soooo much Jack