1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2010 7:58 PM by talita

Need help on quarantine/real-time scan functions

Hi, I owned the McAfee Total protection anti-virus. I have a problem. I downloaded a trainer for my game. The anti virus detected it as "Generic.dx!bg".

However, with my experience, I know softwares I download won't have virus and I am very careful with that. And it could be due to heuristics of the anti virus.

Here's the problem:

Every time I extract the trainer, the anti virus would immediately remove it as a trojan. So I tried turning off real-time scanning. It works eventually. However, after sometime the program again gets quaratined automatically. But when I go under the quarantined items section, I cannot find the history logs on it. So I can't restore it. This happens every time I extract it. I tried all sorts of method found on web and this forum. But it ain't working. Its starting to get on my nerves. I appreciate help from here.

So, the question I want to ask is, how do I prevent McAfee from deleting my files automatically? How do I trust/make exception a quarantined item?

Please help me~~

Thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: Need help on quarantine/real-time scan functions
          talita

I'm having the same problem. Even with real-time scan turned off, McAfee keeps deleting the file (it is a trojan but I need to use it) and it doesn't send the file to quarentine. I've found the report about this action on the history logs (I'm not sure about the name since my McAfee is in portuguese), but there's no option to trust or make an exception on it.

So, I ask the same question: "How do I trust/make exception a quarantined item?"