3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2010 7:36 AM by omnitek

Installing virus Scan enterprise

Hello All,

I managed to instal ePo 4.5 last week, but I've been having a few problem since then. I installed the agents on 3 test machines, but when I read the compliance report on the dashboard it keeps showing that all my PC are non compliant. After poking around the queries and the details for the agent instal, I realise that although I deployed the agent, Virus Enterprise has never been installed on any of the machines. I would have assume once I instal the agent it would take care of this as well, but no.

I checked the extensions on the main server through the console, and it does show that VSE 8.7, 8.5, are installed, but I am not sure here on the procedure to actually push them on the workstations. Any help will be associated because I am not very familiar with this package, the old company I worked for used TrendMicro....

Thank you for your help

Yanick

• 1. Re: Installing virus Scan enterprise
          JoeBidgood

Hi there...

In a nutshell what you need is a product deployment task. Pplease see the "Deploying Software And Updates" section of the ePO 4.5 product guide - it'll take you through the process and hopefully make life easier.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: Installing virus Scan enterprise

Thank you so much for your reply, When I tried to deploy VSE 8.7, it didnt appear as a deployemnt package, the only thing that was listed was the Mc Agents. So I went inside the master repository to 'Check in' the package, but to my big surprise, VSE 8.7 was not listed there, there were some similar with the same start name, but they were just language packs.

I am downloading a tril Version of 8.7 now, I hope it works this time.

• 3. Re: Installing virus Scan enterprise

This option is basically what I needed, I am still having a few problems with some stations or when I try a group deploy, but I guess I'll have to play around with it a little longer. Thanks again, you have been a great help.