Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
8643 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2010 3:54 AM by rmw RSS
rmw Newcomer 4 posts since
May 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 5, 2010 10:49 AM

Error on Scan

Since yesterday McAfee has been failing. Yesterday I would get a white screen error. After another update and reboot, the interface has changed, and will appear, but I can't get a scan (quick/full/custom) to run. And IE8 also fails to load pages/shows a white screen. 

McAfee Virtual Technician fails to run too....

This is the error message I get when I try to run a scan:

An unexpected error occurred during your scan.

Please click OK to go back to the Home page, and then try running your scan again.

Also yesterday my computer recognized it was not protected. And McAfee said it was not on/active. Today it reports everything is fine. But it won't run a scan!

Can anyone help?

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

McAfee SecurityCenter ver 10, build 10.0.580

Language EN-US

Affld: 0-689

last update 5-5-10

McAfee VirusScan ver 14,

Build 14.0.309

DAT ver 5972

• k3tg Veteran 870 posts since
    May 22, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 5, 2010 4:45 PM (in response to rmw)
    Re: Error on Scan

I see you tried to run  the McAfee Virtual Technician. MVT scans your computer and attempts to fix issues related to the McAfee products installed. It also generates a session ID# which when you post back here please include that number for the support moderator to review. Could you please try it again to see if any change from yesterday.

It is possible something may be corrupted inside. I suggest you uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot. When the computer boots up run the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links and reboot again. Next step is log in to your online McAfee account and download your software again.

Before you do the above, try to rest your Internet Explorer settings to the Microsoft defaults. Open Tools, Open Internet Options, Open Advanced, and click on Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Close out your browser and reopen it again. Try to do your scan. If problem persists, then do the uninstall reinstall.

If problem still persists then contact Technical Support Chat found at the top of this page under Useful Links.

Good Luck

Tom

Message was edited by: k3tg on 5/5/10 4:45:12 PM CDT

Tom K3TG

Volunteer Moderator

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points