2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 7:39 PM by Peter M

Getting Blue Screen of Death apc_index_mismatch

Yesterday i purchased McAfee and whenever i am trying to install it on my dell machine which having windows 7 64 bit it crashes with apc_index_mismatch error any one have any clue??

• 1. Re: Getting Blue Screen of Death apc_index_mismatch

Hi,

Sorry to inform but Mcafee is still not fully compatible with Win 7 64 bit.

It will probably take two more week,engineers are currently working on it.

Although it is working on many of Win 7 64 bit..but its advisable to just wait for two weeks.

Thank You,

Aditya Pandey

• 2. Re: Getting Blue Screen of Death apc_index_mismatch
            Peter M

gunz4rosez wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to inform but Mcafee is still not fully compatible with Win 7 64 bit.

It will probably take two more week,engineers are currently working on it.

Although it is working on many of Win 7 64 bit..but its advisable to just wait for two weeks.

Thank You,

Aditya Pandey

That isn't strictly true.  There are some issues with the 2010 product but many of us have installed it successfully in all 3 currently supported Windows systems x86 and in the case of Vista and Windows 7 x64 as well with no issues.

I suggest opening a case with Technical Support Chat linked under Useful Links above.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/05/10 8:39:49 EDT PM