2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 4:56 AM by JoeBidgood

How do I deploy Agent Patch1 without a 'spare' repository?

Hello

I work for an organisation that uses 4.5 ePo (latest patch), VC 8.7i (Patch 3), and Agent v3.6 (Eval branch), Agent v4.0 (previous branch), and Agent v4.5 (current branch).

Soon Patch 1 will be out - how do I test this seeing that we have a critical need for the current three versions of McAfee Agents due to legacy systems that are mission critical?

I'm told I can't have more than one version of a product in one branch so how do I do this/manage this or is it simply, not possible?

I'm stumped..

• 1. Re: How do I deploy Agent Patch1 without a 'spare' repository?
          Laszlo G

You won't be able to have more than one McAfee Agent on each branch.

But you can perhaps try this:

- Download and check MA 4.5p1 into the previous branch

- Create and download MA 4.5p1 installation package

- Check again MA 4.0 into the previous branch

Now you have changed nothing in your repository but you have a MA4.5p1 to be installed on the machines you want to make the test.

• 2. Re: How do I deploy Agent Patch1 without a 'spare' repository?
            JoeBidgood

Also, depending on how widely you test - you can manually install Patch 1 over an existing agent using the framepkgupd.exe package, which will upgrade the agent in place, preserving the ePO server details - so you can have patch 1 in place without having to check it into the repository.

Obviously this is a bit impractical if you're going to be testing on a large number of machines, though.

HTH -

Joe