3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2010 2:09 AM by Peter M

how do i get the mcafee window to open fully so i can click on "fix" so that my computer gets protected fully?

how do i get the mcafee window to open fully so i can click on "fix" so that my computer gets protected fully?

• 1. Re: how do i get the mcafee window to open fully so i can click on "fix" so that my computer gets protected fully?
          Peter M

What do you mean by "fully"?   The SecurityCenter window is basically an Internet Explorer page, albeit an internal one.  If it isn't displaying properly then check the following:

a) IE is the latest available version (IE8) and

b) It is set to default settings

If the image is too big and off your screen then there is something wrong with your screen resolution settings.

If this doesn't help please give more information such as your operating system, service pack and if it's up to date and what version of McAfee are you using?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/05/10 10:22:44 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: how do i get the mcafee window to open fully so i can click on "fix" so that my computer gets protected fully?

when i get a message saying my computer is not totally protected, i click on the icon and previously the whole window used to open such that i could read all that was in it and could actually see the "fix" tab, such that if i clicked on it, the security system would run and the fixing done.  but now, the window opens only about 3/4ths in width such that i can see only some of the information written there and cannot see the "fix" tab, so technically i cannot click on it and let the software do its job.

also, on the top right corner there is the " - " for minimize and the " X " for close but no "box " for maximise. if i could see that then i could have miximised and therefore been able to see the "fix" tab an dclicked  on it.

also, when i click on the " M " logo on the left top corner, the only option available is "move", "minimize" and "close".

seems like a virus in the antivirus?

• 3. Re: how do i get the mcafee window to open fully so i can click on "fix" so that my computer gets protected fully?
              Peter M

Moved to a more appropriate area.

Call up Internet Explorer and go to Help/About Internet Explorer and post the version number please.

Are you totally up to date with Microsoft updates both critical and non-critical?

You can if you wish get 24/7 onliune servuce via Technical Support Chat - see Useful Links at the top of this page.