2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2010 10:21 AM by arek_gruszcz

how to block email attachments through DLP 9.0 on yahoo and hotmail

Dear all,

i have a problem, i have installed the dlp 9.0 on my network but his email protection rule cannot work for yahoo and hotmail.so any body can help me

thanx in advance

• 1. Re: how to block email attachments through DLP 9.0 on yahoo and hotmail

thanks to all,

i solved my problem myself and its solution was that:

mcafee email protection rule can block attachments only from mail client not from webmail.

and to protect attachment on webmail we have to use webprotection rule.

• 2. Re: how to block email attachments through DLP 9.0 on yahoo and hotmail

Thats right but try to do the same blocking to FIREFOX or OPERA browser...

For those U have to use Network Communication Protection Rule. That is said in documentation but wait... IT DOESN'T WORK

I'm pasting my quastion everywhere and I will do it to here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------

I also have a problem with Network Communication Protection Rule (DLP9.0). I'm trying to monitor/block user from sending files via other than Internet Explorer browser. For IE I used Web Post protection Rule and it's working. Documentation is saying to use NCPR to monitor/block while sending files via another Internet browser (like FIREFOX, OPERA...)

I'm trying and trying AND NOTHING is working properly with this rule I even create network range and port range for ALL but it doesn't work.

PLEASE people HELP

Maybe someone from McAfee TEAM????

Any document HOW TO?

PLEASE