1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2010 7:25 AM by Mal09

Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server

The machine is a windows 2003 64bit with mcafee agent 4.5

The agent installs, but cannot receive policies, or report back to epo (asci)

In the agent log i see the error

CPackage::addUserInformation(): GetUserPolicyInformation() unsuccessful - 0xfffff9be

I searched online but only came accross an article for windows 7 and does not apply.

I've tried to reinstall the agent but same error

• 1. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server
          jmcleish

Check out the McAfee KB:

Corporate KnowledgeBase ID:  KB68274

ERROR: CPackage::addUserInformation():  GetUserPolicyInformation()  unsuccessful - 0xfffff9be (after upgrading to McAfee Agent 4.5)

2010-01-01 19:35:05 X #5092  RegKey RegCloseKey,00000280
          2010-01-01 19:35:05 e #5092  FrmSvc Failed to start Subsystem <Management>, result=-2147220986

2010-01-01 10:00:00 e #4436 Agent CPackage::addUserInformation():  GetUserPolicyInformation() unsuccessful - 0xfffff9be
          2010-01-01 10:00:00 I #4436 Agent Agent communication failed, result=-1602

Problem  2

Agent Fails to Start Management Subsystem.

System Change

Cause

The COM+ Event System service is stopped or missing from the affected computers and McAfee Agent 4.5 requires this service to be started.

The service dependency is new to 4.5, and was added to support user-based policies. The
          COM+ Event System service is used by the system to publish the logon/logoff notifications that are required for user-based policies.

Solution

Attempt to start the COM+ Event System service:
          1. Click Start, Run, type services.msc and click OK.
          2. Browse to see if the COM+ Event System service exists.

- If
                Yes, start the Service and go to step 3.
                - If No, then contact Microsoft support to see how to recover this Microsoft service.

3. Once the COM+ Event System service is started, restart the McAfee Framework Service.

Workaround

Downgrading the agent is not recommend, but installing a version of the Agent before the McAfee Agent 4.5 release will allow you to keep the COM+ Event System service stopped.

Jane

• 2. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server

The COM+ Event System service is already started on the machine.

I am still getting the error

• 3. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server
              Attila Polinger

Hi,

a silly question, but is not the Windows firewall blocking? Normally the agent takes care of this when installing, but could have missed it due to something related to the previous issue..

Also please present an up to date agent debug log with as many details as can (on loglevel 8 for example).

What is the ASCI frequency?

Attila

• 4. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server

There is no firewall on the computer. All other computers in this subnet have installed the agent successfully.

ASCI is 60 minutes. Here is part of the log:

Info
                Agent
                Agent finished Enforcing policies
                Info
                Agent
                Next policy enforcement in 5 minutes
                Info
                Agent
                Agent started performing ASCI
                Error
                Agent
                CPackage::addUserInformation(): GetUserPolicyInformation() unsuccessful - 0xfffff9be
                Monday, May 03, 2010 5:41:03 AM
                Info
                Agent
                Agent Started Enforcing policies
                Info
                Agent
                Info
                Agent
                Monday, May 03, 2010 5:46:03 AM
                Info
                Agent
                Info
                Agent
                Info
                Agent
                Monday, May 03, 2010 5:51:03 AM
                Info
                Agent
                Monday, May 03, 2010 5:51:03 AM
                Info
                Agent

• 5. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server

How do I set the loglevel ?

Here is another log from the same computer:

2010-05-03 08:38:27 i #2704 Agent Agent started performing ASCI
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #2704 Agent Collecting Properties
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #2704 Agent Collecting IP address using Internet Manager
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #2704 naInet HTTP Session initialized
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #2704 imsite Connecting to site: 192.168.1.2 on port: 81
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #2704 naInet HTTP Session closed
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #2704 Agent Agent is sending properties version to the ePO Server
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #2704 Agent Forwarding all events
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #2704 Agent ASCI is not done yet ...Please wait for ASCI!
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #5512 Agent Started processing a package..
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #5512 Agent Preparing Props Version Package
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #5512 Datastore Did not find software ID PolicyRoot
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #5512 Datastore Did not find software ID PolicyRoot
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #5512 Datastore Did not find software ID TaskRoot
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 e #5512 Agent CPackage::addUserInformation():  GetUserPolicyInformation() unsuccessful - 0xfffff9be
                  2010-05-03 08:38:27 I #5512 Agent Agent communication failed, result=-1602

• 6. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server

After a reboot of the server, the issue was resolved

• 7. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server

I also had this problem today.   Exact symptoms he described,  I will give more information to the problem.

1.  This was a traveling laptop user that frequently travels from a site with the master repository to another site with a superagent and remote repository.

2.  The symptom was that the agent was trying to connect to the REMOTE repository,  not the closest one and the remote repository even though the machine was at the location with the master repository

3.  Machine was a 64 bit windows 7 client

4.  Restart of the framework service on the REMOTE repository fixed it.

5.  removing and reinstalling everything from the client did not work

6.  deleting the machine from epo and reinstalling did not work

7.  It appeared to be ONLY that single machine that was affected,  other 64 bit(or 32 bit)  machines in that site were not affected.

McAfee,  good luck tracking down what is causing this.

Thanks

kw

• 8. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server

I ran into this issue today with a Windows 2003SP2 Enterprise x64 server. Am still investigating, and the technote  doesn't help as Com + is started.

After reading this thread, I'm theorising it could be caused by the machine trying to access an Agent Handler that it can't access... but I'll look into it further when I'm back on the deck tomorrow.

Any suggestions greatefully received. .

Message was edited by: Mal09 (OS Updated... for some reason I thought the issue was on a Win 2008 server, but it was 2003). on 27/10/10 11:24:33 AM
                        • 9. Re: Agent on windows 64bit cannot communicate with EPO server
                          Attila Polinger

Hi Mal09,

ran into this issue today with a Windows 2008 R2 x64 server

Could you phrase it a bit more clearly? Is this the ePO server or a server client with McAfee Agent that you have the issue with?

If the latter, then please consider technote https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573&actp=search&viewlo cale=en_US&searchid=1288087295077 which implicitly say that MA 4.5 does not support 64-bit windows 2008 R2 server client.

Attila

1 2 Previous Next