0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2010 10:59 AM by vasco_pt

Linux Shield, error on serve start

vasco_pt

Hello,

I'm trying to install LinuxShield-1.5.1-267.

I ve already installed the rpm on my computer without problems, but when i try to start the service, i found the error above:

________________________________________________________________________________ _____

[root@localhost McAfee]# /etc/init.d/nails start
      nails.initd: Warning - kernel module /lib/modules/2.6.29.6-server-2xcm/nai/lshook.o does not exist

LinuxShield cannot start on-access detection because a kernel module is not currently available for the kernel version that you are running.

To obtain or create a kernel module, please refer to the installation guide in /opt/NAI/LinuxShield/docs

LinuxShield can still function without the kernel module, but on-access detection of viruses is disabled.

nails.initd: Warning - kernel module /lib/modules/2.6.29.6-server-2xcm/nai/linuxshield.o does not exist
      nailsdctl: the LinuxShield daemon is already running: pid = 5133
      starting the LinuxShield monitor gateway...
      O comando executado é:
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/NAI/LinuxShield/lib" /opt/NAI/LinuxShield/libexec/mon -p /var/opt/NAI/LinuxShield/etc/monitor.cfg >/dev/null 2>&1 </dev/null
      moncg: failed to initialize PAM library. Unable to start the LinuxShield monitor gateway: /opt/NAI/LinuxShield/libexec/mon
      [root@localhost McAfee]#

________________________________________________________________________________ _____

System properties:

Linux localhost 2.6.29.6-server-2xcm #1 SMP Fri Sep 11 16:29:54 WEST 2009 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T6570  @ 2.10GHz GNU/Linux

I have libPAM installed, and i dont know how to resolve this problem...

Any help or ideia will be appreciate.

Best Regards,

Vasco Silva