4 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2010 5:26 AM by jmcleish

Clients not updating status to ePO 3.6.1 Server

I'm in the middle of upgrading several environments from ePO 3.6.0 through to ePO 4.5.

At present, I'm having issues with several machines in one environment.

Clients are running Windows XP.

VSE version: 8.0 on some, 8.5 on others

Server running 2003

ePO 3.6.1 Patch 4

I want to ensure that all clients are updated to the same stage before moving on with the upgrade (eventually will be running ePO 4.5 with VSE 8.7 and McAfee Agent 4.5)

Most machines all updated without issue. The Deployment task I am sending out is to Install ePO 3.6.0 (as I believe this updates the CMA), uninstall VSE 8.0 and install 8.5

There are a couple of servers and machines that refuse to play ball.

When I launch the ePO Client and synchronize domains has run, these boxes sit at the bottom of the list - all other machines are sorted into relevant groups. They have a standard computer icon without the green overlay. Clicking them and viewing properties gives no information.

I've tried running deployment tasks over and over, including the 'Get full product information' option, but I get nothing back. The weird thing is, some of these clients HAVE updated VSE to 8.5, not apparently not updated the CMA (as the 'Common Framework' folder resides under Network Associates in Program Files, rather than McAfee.

A couple of others have done nothing, still running 8.0

What's more, a couple of clients are sitting happily reporting that they have VSE8.5 installed. Yet when synchronize domains runs overnight and I come back in, there's a duplicate version of that machine reappeared, about which I can get no information.

I am, to put it bluntly, confused!!