2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2010 1:07 PM by kjhurni

EPO Agent install on Terminal Server/Citrix?

kjhurni

When installing the framepkg.exe on a Windows server with Terminal Services/Citrix installed, do you need to use the "change user /install"?

I don't THINK the framepkg writes anything to the user portions of the registry (HKCU) but not sure.

I don't see anything in McAfee's docs that states how to install on servers with TS or Citrix. (obviously Citrix requires TS to be enabled).

• 1. Re: EPO Agent install on Terminal Server/Citrix?
          rmetzger

kjhurni wrote:

When installing the framepkg.exe on a Windows server with Terminal Services/Citrix installed, do you need to use the "change user /install"?

I don't THINK the framepkg writes anything to the user portions of the registry (HKCU) but not sure.

I don't see anything in McAfee's docs that states how to install on servers with TS or Citrix. (obviously Citrix requires TS to be enabled).

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/ 20000/PD20689/en_US/vse_870_installation_guide_en-us.pdf :

Install and configure the software for use with other products

When installing VirusScan Enterprise software where third-party products are installed, or when
          using it with supporting products, you might need to change the installation procedure or
          perform additional configuration. For example, if you are using the Setup utility to install the
          VirusScan Enterprise software where Windows 2003 with Terminal Services is installed, the
          installation stops and you are notified to install the program files using the Windows Add/Remove
          Programs utility.

NOTE: This installation method is not required if you are using ePolicy Orchestrator to deploy
          VirusScan Enterprise.

This is the same as: change user /install

If you installed VSE prior to installing Terminal Services service, you may need to uninstall VSE in order to re-install properly to allow Terminal Services integration.

The FramePkg.exe, which is installed with VSE, would be installed similarly. So, I would assume that any changes you make to the installed Framework Services should also be installed from the console session (session ID 0), using 'change user /install' mode.

Presumably, if you are using ePO for deployment, this is taken care of automatically.

Good luck,

Ron Metzger

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: EPO Agent install on Terminal Server/Citrix?
            kjhurni

Thanks Ron.

Although the framepkg that comes in VSE is not the same as what's in EPO (it's been my experience that you cannot install VSE first and then the EPO managed framekpkg and have things work successfully)

One would think McAfee would put the EPO agent install instructions for these things into the EPO docs, as opposed to the VSE docs, but whatever.

So far haven't noticed anything "bad"/not working with installing framepkg.exe without the "change user /install" but I'll let our Windows folks know and have them re-run the installation routine again.