2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2010 5:56 AM by tonyb99

How to push out viruscan 8.7 to 8.0 clients via EPO 4.0?

Hello, can you tell me how I can automate the process of pushing out 8.7i viruscan client to 8.0 clients. I currently have 134 users that need this done and I have had a tinker with the automation tasks on EPO to see if it can be done this way, but I'm at a loss of how to automate this for those users. Or I am looking in the wrong place?

Many Thanks

Jason

• 1. Re: How to push out viruscan 8.7 to 8.0 clients via EPO 4.0?
          JoeBidgood

I think you're looking in slightly the wrong place

What you need for this job is a client task - specifically a deployment task.  I'd strongly recommend having a look at the "Deploying Software and Updates" section of the ePO 4 product guide - it should clarify things a bit and help  you through the process.

Regards -

Joe

• 2. Re: How to push out viruscan 8.7 to 8.0 clients via EPO 4.0?
            tonyb99

Use policy to remove any access protection rules that block mcafee services from being stopped ( been a while since ive looked at 8.0 so cant remember whether these were ever added in) wake up and pull full props so machines get policy

set deployment task to install 8.7 and remove the vse 8 entry from it

set task to run every policy enforcement interval, wake up machines

vse 8.67 will automatically remove 8 when it installs ( nothing shows in the remote log view but as the msi runs it removes 8)

all done

you may want to pull them all into a group and remove directory sorting and then change the tasks on just that group or go wider, depends on how you are setup. I also like to setup a table report that checks the folder for up to date vse 8.7 with patches and dats, this can then be automated to readd directory sorting and sort those machines back into their original groups