4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2010 1:35 PM by John52

Missing Features

I have Windows XP-SP3 and SecurityCenter10.  Recently went to use The "PC Maintenance" features that are there in the 09 version and found them missing. My main menu on SC10 only contains 4 items: Virus and Spyware, Web and Email, Home Network and Parental Contols. From what I can tell I am missing "Data Protection and Backup" as well as "PC OPtimization".  I have a subscription for "TOTAL PROTECTION" so now I am paying for features I don't have. I raised a problem with "Online Chat" and received an unsatisfactory answer.

• 1. Re: Missing Features
          Peter M

Quickclean, defragmenter and Shredder should install themselves as an update or may be available already if PC Optimization is visible on the main interface, click to open.

If it says available then clivk that and they will install.

Backup and Restore has been discontinued and replaced by online backup which hasd varying amounts of capacity depending on the package.

If the Data Protection and Backup drawer is visible on the interface click it to expand and click Online Backup to install.

Otherwise right-click the taskbar icon and select updates and you should get the missing pieces.

Click this picture to enlarge if necessary:

Capture.JPG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/04/10 11:21:52 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: Missing Features
            pca178

I have the same situation.  The task bar "Update" does not install the removed features.  Very disappointing!

• 3. Re: Missing Features

On my second attempt with Mcafee's Online Chat/Help, I now have my problem resolved. It meant completely removing all existing McAfee software and then a complete re-install of Security Center 2010.  All features are now visible and working.   I guess like anything else it depends on the quality/knowledge of the tech representative you get.  The second guy did everything for me and it seems to be working as advertised. 

• 4. Re: Missing Features
                Peter M

John52 wrote:

On my second attempt with Mcafee's Online Chat/Help, I now have my problem resolved. It meant completely removing all existing McAfee software and then a complete re-install of Security Center 2010.  All features are now visible and working.   I guess like anything else it depends on the quality/knowledge of the tech representative you get.  The second guy did everything for me and it seems to be working as advertised.

That was going to be my next suggestion. Glad it's OK now.