1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2010 1:21 PM by jstanley

High Availability environment for ePO

protector

I am currently running ePO 4.0 with patch 5.  I am in the process of upgrading to ePO 4.5 but need to create a high availability environment.  Can anyone share some solutions that you all may have implemented.  I am also going to have to integrate AD with ePO 4.5.  Any experiences would be great.  I was thinking of using the Agent Handlers to perform the business continuity should the ePO 4.5 server fail.  Any ideas/opinions?

Message was edited by: protector on 4/26/10 3:11:44 PM GMT-06:00
        • 1. Re: High Availability environment for ePO
          jstanley

EPO can be installed on a microsoft cluster. I've attached the clustered install guide for EPO 4.5.

Agent handlers do not actually offer complete redundancy for EPO. If the ePO server were to fail for some reason the clients would still be able to upload properties / events to the handler (assuming the EPO DB was on a remote SQL server and it did not go down) but the handlers do not have a console so you would not be able to make any policy changes or run any reports. Also the repository pull/replication mechanism is done soley by the ePO server itself (not handlers) so you would not be able to keep your distributed repositories up to date.