1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2010 2:07 PM by k3tg

Virus Scan update continues to restart and will not update completely

I just purchased internet security 2010. The virus scan update will only go to a little over 60% then restarts. Can someone please help me know how to download this without it restarting?

• 1. Re: Virus Scan update continues to restart and will not update completely
          k3tg

Have you tried the McAfee Virtual Technician? It can fix a lot of problems that you are experiencing. If it can't then you are prompted to contact Technical Support Chat found under Useful Links at the top of this page. They have the ability to remotely connect into your computer and they can see what is going on inside.

Another option you could try if you don't want to do the above is to uninstall your software via Add/Remove programs and reboot. Then go to Useful Links at the top of this page and use the MCPR removal tool and reboot again. Then go to your McAfee account and download and install the software again and see what happens. If problems persist then I would definitely contact Chat.