3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2010 11:46 AM by hmandgprty4u

Mcafee not picking up virus

I have a virus on my pc that keeps trying to redirect me to buy a virus protection software, and I am running full scans on Mcafee and it isnt picking up the virus to fix the issue, what can I do please help

• 1. Re: Mcafee not picking up virus

I am not a malware exert but I have moved your post to our Home User Assistance area. Hopefully someone can help you soon.

• 2. Re: Mcafee not picking up virus

I am having the same issue.  I am being told that I have 18 virus.....5 in shared files, 4 in my documents and 9 on my hard drive.  I ran 2 full scans and comes back with no virus.  I had this happen once before on another PC.  The virus scanner I had on that one, they fixed it the 1st time.  Then I got the same one a few months later, again scanner did not pick up.  I bought a new laptop in Feb and added McAfee hoping McAfee would catch it.  Now the same virus is on this one.  How do you get rid of it and keep it from coming back?  Where is it coming from?  Can anyone help?  I no nothing about computers, so if you are willing to help, please use lamen terms and be very patient with me.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Mcafee not picking up virus

Upon further checking I have found that when I click on the McAfee icon it brings up another page that looks like an official McAfee website.  It then tells me xorg.pl to use with extrerme caution.  When I open another pager for McAfee and do a search, it shows nothing about it.  What page do I trust?