2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2010 10:34 PM by protector

DLP policy flush?

Got a very frustrating issue and not sure how to resolve.  Wondering if anyone else has run into this.  I'm in the process of testing two USB policies.  One that makes all USB (bus type) devices Read Only.  The other policy is the same, unless the device connected is an approved Encrypted USB device.  Right now I'm just using a handful of users to test, they're all on my team.  While was playing around with policies I created a generic Notification that I assigned one of the rules.  I cannot, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, get rid of this policy now.  I've deleted it, recreted it from scratch, removed users, and have rebooted the machines several times.  For whatever reason, some (not all) machines will occasionally pull this old policy out and that generic Notification pop-up comes up.  Checked the registry HKLM\Software\McAfee\DLP\Agent\Properties\Agent and Active = 1.

McAfee told me about the unofficial name for "bounce policies" by rebooting a machine.  That doesn't seem to be all to it.  Anyone else run into this issue?

I'm in the process of removing/reinstalling the agent.

Again, just curious if anyone else has run into this...