3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2010 9:50 AM by Dinz

McAfee and internet stopped working

Cannot access McAfee product (icon and program not responsive), iexplorer does not even run with or without additional products, there is no internet connection -

happened after a request for upgrading Quickstart

any knows what happened?

• 1. Re: McAfee and internet stopped working

I have same problem.   Online tech support recommended removing McA/V.  Needed special software to do so.  Still can't get to Internet.  This after about 5 hours and 50 reboots, working through TC100969 that didn't work correctly, and didn't solve problem.  Extremely annoyed to possess a boat anchor that looks like a PC.

Is there any way to get help from someone at McA who actually knows what they are doing?   At this point, I think the XP op system is damaged (yes, I do have a fresh copy of svchost.exe).

Is anyone starting a class action lawsuit?   I want to join.

• 2. Re: McAfee and internet stopped working

I have the same problem since last night, internet connection deleted, McAfee and Dell Support Center non-functioning, IE dead and Windows misbehaving to put it mildly. Think my problem was also linked to that ridiculous virus software deleting/quarantining svchost.exe. Not sure whether the fix suggested for corporate users with that extra.dat file will do anything (my file structure has no McAfee\Engine directory for a start). I doubt I can remove the McAfee software either as none of the McAfee programs will respond.

• 3. Re: McAfee and internet stopped working
              Dinz

Hi All,

If you are one of a small percentage of McAfee’s consumer customers who has an inoperable or severely impaired PC as a result of the recent software update, we want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our immediate priority is to get you back up and running

If the technician can’t get your system up and running over the phone, we’ll get you the software to get your system up and running again. We can get you the software in one of two methods. You can either download the software fix from a working PC, or we will express deliver a CD to you.

Locate a local toll free support number for your country. A qualified technician is standing by to diagnose your computer’s current status and determine the fastest way to get you up and running again.

We're committed to getting this issue resolved for all our customers worldwide as quickly as possible.

Regards,
              Dinesh K
              McAfee Online Community Moderator