3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2010 8:27 AM by Peter M

Windows Vista constantly crashes after McAfee Security Centre update 16/4/10 6:50pm EST Sydney Australia

Hi guys,

I read the thread regarding the customer that had a similar issue with Windows 7 crashing after the latest McAfee Security Centre update, but no one has posted whether the customers problem was resolved.

We have a similar problem, but on machine running Windows Vista. Subsequent to the McAfee update pushed out at the time mentioned, my girlfriends laptop now hangs/freezes a couple of seconds after she logs on, EVERY time.It worked perfectly up top this point.

I can run the machine in safe mode and have run various system checks to see if there was a hardware issue, but all those checks indicate that there is nothing wrong with the machine. I have also adjusted the start up programs and have disabled a number of them to see if that made any difference, but all to no avail - the machine hangs/freezes EVERY time..sigh..

Any thoughts, advice or guidance would be much appreciated. Also to the McAfee reps/moderator - Whats McAfee doing to investigate whether they sent out a buggy/defective update and is a solution forthcoming???

Thanks.

:-)