1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 3:51 PM by NCC

WCF-Service: impersonation failed

NCC

Hi,

a short while ago we had a problem logging in to ePO to use the DLP system.

That only gave us a logn list of errors and could be corrected thanks to another post somewhere in the forum.

There was a URL which gave us acces to another page and after entering the password there, the problem was fixed.

Well... except for this one.

When we want to acces the DLP monitor in ePO via data protection > DLP monitor (if that's translated correctly), we receive two dialog windows with the following contents:

---

Fehler beim Laden der gespeicherten Filter aus

'http://localhost:8731/DLPWCF/MonitorWCF

Service'.

Informationen  zur Ausnahme:

The communication object,

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChan

nel,  cannot be used for communication because it is in the faulted state

---

and

---

Fehler beim Laden der Überwachungsanwendung.

Informationen zur Ausnahme:

GetTable failed: Impersonation Failed for user abc

---

The user "abc" would be the user used to acces the database and is a Windows account.

The WCF service is up and running, so I'm guessing this service has to be told the password again.

Though it is claimed, that the password has not been changed since installation, I do suspect it has been.

Putting the WCF service into user context also did not help.

What can we do?

• 1. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed
          NCC

Hello?

• 2. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed
            NCC

Any idea would help, I guess.

The problem is still there.

• 3. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed
              NCC

This thing is going to be reinstalled now.

Thanks for no replies!

• 4. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed
                Guest88

H

Please give more details: ePO version, DLP version and error message in english.

Ill try to help you.

• 5. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed
                  NCC

Hi,

I have translated the couple of German lines into English, though I guess they wouldn't be looking exactly like that in the real case

Obviously there's something wrong with the monitoring component on the server, but I don't know where to start looking.

---

Error while loading saved filters from:

'http://localhost:8731/DLPWCF/MonitorWCF

Service'.

Exception information:

The communication object,

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChan

nel,   cannot be used for communication because it is in the faulted state

---

and

---

Error while loading the monitoring application.

Exception information:

GetTable  failed: Impersonation Failed for user abc

---

• 6. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed
                    Guest88

During WCF service installation, setup ask you for "Web Access Authorized Groups".

Please check membership of your user in provided in this step group.

If you dont remember name of group, open file "DLPWCFService.exe.config"  located by default in "C:\Program Files\McAfee\DLP\WCF Service"  and look for line with string "AuthorizationGroups".

In value you will see group name.

Another thing, try to change service account of WCF to domain user with dbo permissions to ePO database, restart service and try again to access DLP monitor.

Of course if you open ePO with DLP monitor from another computer (not ePO server), change url. Instead localhost - ePO server name or IP.

• 7. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed
                      NCC

Thanks.

The user has been in the authorized group since installation, but will check if still so.

Swapping the account in the service properties with one with the above mentioned rights was among the first things tried... no difference I'm afraid.

And of course localhost won't work this way on a different machine

The console in use is located on the server to which a remote session is running, as in: "workstation" |--RDP tunnel to server->| "server" |-->| Running ePO etc. and Browser

• 8. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed

If you are using HDLP v3 and WCF is installed on a server that does not host the ePO DB, then try using SQL authentication for WCF service.

Consider providing SA credentials for WCF account used to connect to ePO DB.

The logged in user who is accessing DLP Monitor, try adding them to the SQL login roles.

You might have already tried these:

Check you have the latest.patches for .Net FX 3.5

Try accessing DLP monitor directly from the ePO Server.

• 9. Re: WCF-Service: impersonation failed
                          NCC

Ok, but how can I do that with the sa account? I'm afraid I'm not so into databases.

ePO and the DB share one server and the WCF service is also running on that machine.

1 2 Previous Next