7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2010 3:11 PM by dougk_t3

Slow File Share

Been messing with this for a week and finally found the problem. Mcafee. I have reinstalled windows 4 times diff versions. Now WIn7 Home. File sharing to XP Home very fast. Install mcafee slows to crawl even when I turn off. Uninstall mcafee Fast again.. What gives

• 1. Re: Slow File Share

I'm not a product expert but I've moved your post to our Home User area. Hopefully someone can help soon.

• 2. Re: Slow File Share

Same problem here. I'm running latest mcafee total protection 10 and 
            it's causing slow outbound file copies to my LAN.

Uninstall mcafee and problem goes away.

NOTE you have to uninstall,  'turning' off scan does nothing because the windows service is still running.

This problem has only recently started to occur - the last two weeks or so.

-----------------------------

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version: 10.0

Build: 10.0.580

Affid: O

Language: en-au

Last update: 2010-04-24

McAfee Virus Scan

Version: 14.0

Build: 14.0.309

Last Update: 2010-04-24

DAT Version: 5961

DAT Creation Date: 2010-04-23

Engine Version: 5400.1158

• 3. Re: Slow File Share

Solved for me, If you have an onboard ethernet port then there is a setting for checksum, Disable and all is well

• 4. Re: Slow File Share

ok, the mcafee update that was just released seems to have fixed it now without resorting to changing network settings

Message was edited by: beugnen on 27/04/10 6:07:15 AM
                • 5. Re: Slow File Share

Please, jjk94, can you tell me where is the check for the inbound ethernet port, thanks.

• 6. Re: Slow File Share

should be in device manager - network device - then advanced settings.

• 7. Re: Slow File Share
                      dougk_t3

We identified slow outbound/upload connections with the newer operating systems running certain network cards.  We've released a patch yesterday and today that should address this issue.  Please reply back letting us know whether this patch resolves your issue.