8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2010 5:47 PM by Bins384

Security Suite 2007

I have the above suite installed and have renewed my subscription annually since the initial purchase .

HELP :

I recently opened an email from a known and trusted source , which froze Outlook Express and tried unsuccessfully to open a financial website homepage and a .PDF file . The only solution was a complete system reset . Everything reset OK , but when I next went online , McAfee reported that I was not fully protected . This has happened before on several occassions , but when I clicked on 'fix' this time round ,  the usual rotating arrow icon appeared and downloaded the latest signatures , but didnt run the full background scan . When I tried to run a scan , the following error message popped up :-

Scanning encountered a problem from which it cannot recover .

Scan failed to start ; result = 2147467259

McAfee Security Centre reports that Computer & Files , and Email & IM both require attention , but that Internet & Network and Parental Controls are both OK , and the icon in the system tray now has the red X showing .

I have several other security programs installed , including Spybot , Spyware Blaster , Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool , Rogue Remover , and CCleaner , all of which I have downloaded the latest signatures , ran scans , and all of which report no problems .

But still McAfee says I am not completely protected .

Anybody out there got any help , advice , or solutions ?

Thanks in advance ,

Paddyk