Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3828 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2010 8:30 AM by Dinz RSS
Newcomer 2 posts since
Nov 28, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2010 8:51 PM

MCafee Security Center does not want to open

MCafee Security Center does not want to open.  I installed Windows defender due to spyware threat.  Please help

• k3tg Veteran 869 posts since
    May 22, 2007
    1. Apr 17, 2010 9:01 PM (in response to nuez1059)
    Re: MCafee Security Center does not want to open

Did you previously have any security software installed in your computer prior to McAfee? What is the operating system? How do you connect to the internet?

You can also run a few spyware malware programs to see if there is anything lurking around inside. www.malwarebytes.org and www.superantispyware.com are excellent programs and catch a lot of stuff. Run both of them and let them clean out whatever they find.

If you got Security Center installed but it does not want to open, try opening after you run the above programs. If you can't open, then try to run the McAfee Virtua Technician located in the Useful Links under Technical Support at the top of this page. You caould also try contacting Technical Support Chat and they are available 24 hours a day and can help you diagnose your issue.

Tom K3TG

Volunteer Moderator
  • palakkadiyer Newcomer 1 posts since
    Apr 28, 2010
    2. Apr 28, 2010 3:47 AM (in response to k3tg)

Hi, I have Security Centre installed for McAfee  My lappy froze after boot-up for indefinite period, I had to disconnect the Power plug and the Battery as none of the keys works not even End Task ( Ctrl-Alt-Del ). Later I recoverd to an earlier date from Safe Mode and it booted ok. But, then, I am not able to connect to Internet ( WiFi ) as the McAfee is disabled. On opening the McAfee Security Centre, it opens in a smaller window which cannot be Maximized nor the Borders dragged further that Says" MaAfee opens in own window" or something like that. Says ' Needs to be attended ' on all the services like Files & Folders etc.

Also Have MSE ( MS Essentials) installed. I have MS VISTA, MS Office 2009, and McAfee valid till Sept 2010

I can't update it nor Scan the Laptop ( as Internet is disbled due to mcAfee's issue ) . Pls help- Ramani

Message was edited by: palakkadiyer on 4/28/10 3:45:51 AM CDT

Message was edited by: palakkadiyer on 4/28/10 3:47:34 AM CDT
  • Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009
    3. Apr 28, 2010 8:30 AM (in response to palakkadiyer)

Hi Ramani,

Did we make a system restore in the computer to recover the computer back . ?

Also let know what is the operating system of the computer ?

Do we have any other security software installed ?

Please update me on the above, and we shall proceed further.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points