4 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2010 11:13 AM by Dinz

Can't connect to websites after installing SecurityCenter

I've been using McAfee SecurityCenter for quite some time. A few days ago, the program updated, and since then I've been having problems. I'm not sure what update it was or what version I was using (it's uninstalled now), but it had a fancy new look, if that helps.

The problem is that I can't connect to most websites now. I can connect to google and any sites within google (gmail, etc.), as well as a couple other sites (such as the State of Illinois site). But when I try to connect to any other site (including McAfee), the browser just says "Waiting for (site)" and eventually times out. This happens with both Firefox and IE.

I've uninstalled McAfee, and now everything works fine. I've reinstalled SecurityCenter a few times but still get the same problem every time. I've also tried turning off the firewall but that doesn't help. When I do a system restore to a point before the update everything works fine.

I feel like I may be missing something simple, but I just can't figure it out. I'd like to keep using McAfee, so as a last ditch effort I figured I'd post my problem here.

BTW, I'm using Windows XP SP3 and the latest versions of Firefox and IE.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!