4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2011 9:59 AM by gldnju

E002000A - SafeBoot disk information not present

gldnju

I'm trying to Safetech a machine and I receive this message:

E002000A - Safeboot disk information not present.

After I click on OK, I receive another error:

Authenticating the user failed with error - E002000A

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: E002000A - SafeBoot disk information not present

The disk info has been rubbished - you'll need to use a machine export. The pre-boot is unviable.

• 2. Re: E002000A - SafeBoot disk information not present

Hello Admin,

Would you please show that how can i solve this problem ?

Liang FANG

• 3. Re: E002000A - SafeBoot disk information not present

Funny thing, I got this error too. Will see how recovery goes.

Since SbWintech did not show any useful information in Disk Information, I had to apply forced disk sector range decryption (prior to that I have checked if I can see first and last sector in encrypted partition in clear after decrypting workspace). After that finished, I have restored original MBR and removed network cable. Rebooted computer started Windows normally and I was able to check SbClientLog.txt file.

It was synchronizing well, until, suddenly showed:

Error during cryption [e002000e]: Sector chain is invalid

I still don't know what caused sudden change. But PC is recovered and running OK now.

There was also suggestion to perform Emergency Boot, but I did not try that.

Message was edited by: peter_eepc on 8/1/10 12:15:37 AM EDT
              • 4. Re: E002000A - SafeBoot disk information not present
                gldnju

I'm getting this error again.  I encrypted the machine with EEPC 5.2.4.  This is an OFFLINE installation set.  The machine encrypted successfully.  I restarted and logged on successfully to PBA.  There are no errors in the Status/SBCLIENTLOG.  Now I'm trying to use Safetech to decrypt the drive.  I typed in the code of the day with no errors.  When I try to Authenticate from SBFS, I am asked to enter a user name and password.  Once I type in my credentials I get this error: 

"Setting the disk key failed with error: E002000A" , Then I click OK and get another error: "Authenticating the user failed with error: E002000A".

Any ideas as to why I can't decrypt?  Is there another way to decrypt?  Thanks

Message was edited by: gldnju on 7/15/11 9:59:32 AM GMT-05:00