1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 5:54 PM by k3tg

How do I create a Recovery Disk?

I just purchased a new computer and when I first open McAfee I was offered the opportunity to create a recovery disk, however, because I did not know at the time whether I would continue to use McAfee or reinstall Norton (which I already have on my old computer) I did not create it at the time. Now that I have decided to keep using McAfee I cannot figure out how to make the Recovery disk, and searching help and this forum does not provide any answers. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 1. Re: How do I create a Recovery Disk?
          k3tg

You could contact Technical Support Chat found at the top of this page under Useful Links. They may ask you to uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot. Next step would be to use the MCPR removal tool also found under Useful Links and reboot again. Then you need to go to your McAfee account and login and download your software again and see if it gives you that option to create the disk. I do not ever remember seeing this offered before that is why I am suggesting to ask Chat before you do anything.

Good Luck

Tom