4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2010 10:40 PM by mcafeenewbe

Offline user gets annoyed by pesky McAfee popup!

You too? Maybe not, but I use my computer offline most of the time now (laptop running programs) and that pesky popup keeps invading my desktop with "your computer's not fully protected". I even disabled my LAN to see if it would "get it" but unfortunately not. I shouldn't have to uninstall the program to avoid this, is there an easier way to tell McAfee to calm down, I'm not online?

Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks!

• 1. Re: Offline user gets annoyed by pesky McAfee popup!
          k3tg

You will most likely have to uninstall the software in order to make this go away.

• 2. Re: Offline user gets annoyed by pesky McAfee popup!

I'm not a product expert, but I have moved this thread to our Home User SecurityCenter area.

• 3. Re: Offline user gets annoyed by pesky McAfee popup!
              Dinz

hi mcafeenewbe,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused , but the pop was created by default so as the user is intimated if the security software is been disabled. For as many users for me as well , who disable the antivirus program for any research/ downlaod this is of great help as it cautions that the software is been disabled/not updated accordingly.

Regards,
              Dinesh K
              McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 4. Re: Offline user gets annoyed by pesky McAfee popup!

Hi All,

I've decided to go with the uninstall version of McAfee, I had problems with the latest update on a few PC's shutting down, so its onward to something more affordable (MSSE is free). Wow, no more popup's when offline! How simple can that be? And no more issues with shut down. It seems McAfee missed it by allowing the shutdown issue to continue for months on end without addressing it directly in their forums. Sad, but hey, that's the way it goes when customer service is handled by users and moderators while the problem isn't even acknowledged by McAfee directly...

Be sure to use their uninstall tool, or stuff will get left behind for the next program to have to deal with.

That's my last post for this forum, you can officially un-install me..

Message was edited by: mcafeenewbe on 7/14/10 6:26:37 PM CDT

Message was edited by: mcafeenewbe on 7/14/10 10:40:19 PM CDT