6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 12:33 PM by arocker

PA: Content Check-in Processor failed

smalldog

Hi everyone here, i'm installing Network Access Control 3.2. Process install is normally but when ePO excute server task name PA: Content Check-in Processor about 2hours then status is failed. I'm installed some times and the same result. Anyone here have any problems the same? Thanks for your ideas!

• 1. Re: PA: Content Check-in Processor failed

Hello,

If you click the Server Task Log entry for this error, are there any other messages displayed which might help to narrow down the problem? One quick thing to try is to pull the latest Content to the Software Repository, the latest version is Audit Engine Content 1043. Once the Content package is pulled, the Content Check-in Processor task will automatically execute. Generally, pulling down the latest Content will resolve the issue and the task will complete without error.

-adam

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PA: Content Check-in Processor failed
            smalldog

Thanks for your ideas Arocker, my problems is resolved. when i install NAC before have some warning about increase size page file. So i try install more RAM and try reinstall NAC again that worked fine. If i have problems again i will try your suggest

• 3. Re: PA: Content Check-in Processor failed

I am facing the same issue. Even after Audit Engine Content update cannot see any checks in the Checks interface.

• 4. Re: PA: Content Check-in Processor failed

Are there any errors in the Server Task Log for the Content Check-in Processor task? And is this problem being seen with MNAC? Or Policy Auditor?

• 5. Re: PA: Content Check-in Processor failed

Yes there are a lot of errors in the Server Task log saying unable to process some xml files. The orion.log shows the following error.

2011-01-20 21:28:16,607 ERROR [mfs:pool-1-thread-3] check.ExternalVariableLocalizationSvc  - java.sql.SQLException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_PAOExternalVariableLocalization_PAOExternalVariable". The conflict occurred in database "ePO4_ANTI-SAR", table "dbo.PAOExternalVariable", column 'ElementID'.
                  java.sql.SQLException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_PAOExternalVariableLocalization_PAOExternalVariable". The conflict occurred in database "ePO4_ANTI-SAR", table "dbo.PAOExternalVariable", column 'ElementID'.
                  at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)

2011-01-20 21:28:16,750 ERROR [mfs:pool-1-thread-3] importer.BenchmarkImportSvc  - error processing external variable localization file: ovaldefs/external_variables_localized.xml
                  2011-01-20 21:28:16,751 ERROR [mfs:pool-1-thread-3] importer.BenchmarkImportSvc  - java.sql.SQLException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_PAOExternalVariableLocalization_PAOExternalVariable". The conflict occurred in database "ePO4_ANTI-SAR", table "dbo.PAOExternalVariable", column 'ElementID'.
                  java.sql.SQLException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_PAOExternalVariableLocalization_PAOExternalVariable". The conflict occurred in database "ePO4_ANTI-SAR", table "dbo.PAOExternalVariable", column 'ElementID'.

We are using SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 SP2. SQL server is installed on the same machine as the EPO Server

• 6. Re: PA: Content Check-in Processor failed

If this was occuring with the latest 1055 content package on PA 5.3, I'd ask that you open a case with Mcafee Support for further analysis of this issue. Otherwise, pull the latest 1055 content and see if the same error occurs. In the event you need to contact Support, they will need some background information on your server (previous version(s) installed, currently activated benchmarks, etc).