1 of 1 people found this helpful
The McAfee Agent generates an event for a successful on demand scan, Event ID: "1203: On Demand scan complete (Info)" so you only need to make a query against this event id.
Maybe you need to activate this event under event filtering first (menu->configuration->server settings->event filtering)
Is this an ePO event, or is this event logged to one of the Windows Event logs (Application, I would assume)?
"Currently we do not have a default report that you can run to determine the success/failure of a VSE ODS. This would be a good Feature Modification request if you would like to submit one. In the meantime thier is a way you create such a report:
1. Create a "Scan Completed" tag.
2. Create a report to pull a list of all managed systems.
3. Create a report to pull all 1203 events within the past <however often the ODS scan runs>.
4. Create a server automation task.
a. Have the task run the query from number 2 to pull all systems and clear the "Scan Completed" tag.
b. Have the task run the query from number 3 to pull the 1203 events and apply the "Scan Completed" tag to all systems returned.
b. Schedule the task run after each on demand scan.
5. Create a boolean chart report that shows machines with the "Scan Completed" tag as compliant, and all other machines as non-compliant."