Well if scan isn't detecting the hosts I'd start off by re running the scan and doing a quick packet capture to see if we are sending packets. That will give us a clue as to which direction to head.
If we are sending packets to those targets we know:
- Its not an issue with an exclusion list.
- Its not a license issue.
- The scanner thinks it has a path to this IP's.
If we are not sending packets to the targets:
- Check to make sure the IP's are not in the global or scan exclusion list.
- Check the log file to see if it says the IP list is empty. That is an indication of a licence issue.
- If you have already pinged the targets it would seem you have path.
In the scan config are you using the IP Address of the device or the name?
On a case like this you should probably open up a service request so we can collect some data.
As a rule of thumb the MVM product can scan anything with an IP address that can be reached.