1 of 1 people found this helpful
No problems here with MID 8.7 and VSE8.7P3 Repost.
Created a custom package and it works fine, but i deleted the file for windows installer and the eula.doc before
I think Windows Installer 3.1 is for older systems (it is included in Win2003 SP1) so you could try to delete the file (or just the eula.doc) before importing the ressources with MID.
Awesome...thanks for that tip. I was not aware you could do that. Removing the ...eula.doc file worked for me. Now I will repackage again without all the other unnecessary stuff too
could you detail what else you are removing to get the smallest footprint possible?
I'm sure there's a number of files that are not needed for deployment, however, what I removed, and I doubt this is a conclusive list, was all but the English html files, the nap files and the zip files. There's a couple others in there that can likely be removed but the only way you'll find out, if not documented anywhere, is to trial and error until you get it as stripped down as possible. If I have time in the next while I will try to figure it out but right now time is not something I have a lot of.
I made a package with the following files:
...but package size is still 83,5MB (with actual DAT files), with all the files package size is 86,5MB
We experienced this issue as well....thanks for the tip on resolution!