1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 12:50 PM by k3tg

How can I verify my renewal for McAfee Security Centre?

I have just renewed my subscription for the McAfee Security Centre for 2010-11. However, the security centre on my computer will not verify the new subscription and keeps telling me that my subscription is ended and my computer is not protected. I have previously had a problem with the security centre telling me that the Detection Signature file is more than 30 days old and that my computer is not protected.

I use the latest version of Firefox rather than Internet explorer and I am using a Dell computer with Windows XP. I looked on troubleshooting for Firefox and they had a suggested fix for configuring McAfee internet Security, by deleting and reselecting the programme permission for Firefox under the Firewall protection features. I tries this but it didn't work. Can anybody suggest anything?

• 1. Re: How can I verify my renewal for McAfee Security Centre?
          k3tg

I recommend you uninstall your software via Add/Remove programs and reboot your computer. Go to Useful Links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool and reboot. MCPR removes any remnants of the old software that sometimes Add/Remove fails to remove completely. Login to your account with McAfee and download and install your software. Once you have reinstalled it, check to see your subcription information and it should reflect your new expiration information. If still having problems then contact Customer Service also found under Useful Links.

Good Luck