3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 1:38 PM by Dinz Branched to a new discussion.

trying to install mcafee antivirus 2010

product installation tells you to enter your registrion number from the card and create your new mcafee account or log in your existing account and then follow the instructions to download the product i did that and it still not working.the store will not take it back becuse i open it.can someone help me

• 1. Re: trying to install mcafee antivirus 2010
          Dinz

Hi,

Please let us know the following information so that we could help you with our best here;

What is the computer's operating system ?

Did you previously have a mcafee account / Are you trying to register with a different account ?

What is the error we receive at the time of download , please attach a screen shot if possible

Thanks,

Dinesh K

• 2. Re: trying to install mcafee antivirus 2010

my system is windows7 i had no previously account i just cant find were to enter the registration number.i see alot of us cant install this card we got at walmart.thanks need all the help i can get i dont know alot about pcs

• 3. Re: trying to install mcafee antivirus 2010
              Dinz

Hi rpearson35,

*Check and delete if you have any other security software in add/remove program as well as their files & folders in C:/program files & common files.
              *Please run the mcpreinstall tool from
              here and then follow the steps below to install from the retail card

1.Locate the Download URL
              on the back of your Retail Card. If its from walmart please login to http://www.mcafee.com/mavw/retailcard

2.Follow the instructions provided on the page:
              3.If you are prompted to select a country, select the language you purchased at the store.
              4.Locate the registration number on your Retail Card.  Enter this number in the fields provided & click Submit.
              5.Log in to your McAfee account or create an account if you are a new user.
              5.Upon successful card redemption, click Go to My Account.
              6.Download and install your product.  For detailed installation instructions, see article TS100342antivirus card.JPG

Please see the attached image for reference

Regards,
              Dinesh K

Message was edited by: Dinz on 4/7/10 12:38:32 PM GMT-06:00