2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2010 11:18 AM by aleffin

Infected with trojan and virus -- stinger couldn't remove it but found the files in Report Only mode

I got infected with some combination of unwanted pop ups and fake alert virus. The regular McAfee scan found one trojan filed and I removed, but I still was having the same problems. I followed the instructions in the Home User Assitance Malware Troubleshooting document. This is what the different steps came with:

The security center which, seemed to work on regular mode, showed some red areas in Safe Mode. The red areas were:

Computer files -- Real time scanning

Email & IM -- Spyerware and pontetially unwanted scanning disabled.

When I run the scan in safe mode, nothing was found.

When I run stinger for the first time in the safe mode, nothing came up. When I run Stinger again changed to "On virus detection", Report Only, Heuristics level very high, and disabled option to Scan inside compressed files, it found the following:

Scan initiated on Tue Apr 06 18:47:21 2010How

c:\Windows\system32\nuremuna.dll

Found the Artemis!775853B2163A trojan !!!

c:\Windows\system32\nuremuna.dll is infected with the Artemis!775853B2163A virus !!!

c:\Windows\system32\zebekeli.dll

Found the Artemis!588501674193 trojan !!!

c:\Windows\system32\zebekeli.dll is infected with the Artemis!588501674193 virus !!!

c:\Documents and Settings\Marta\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\45016A4Q\data[1].html

Found the Artemis!AD6CCBDF1B53 trojan !!!

c:\Documents and Settings\Marta\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\45016A4Q\data[1].html is infected with the Artemis!AD6CCBDF1B53 virus !!!

c:\Documents and Settings\Marta\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\M76ZYW3J\default[1].htm

Found the Artemis!775853B2163A trojan !!!

c:\Documents and Settings\Marta\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\M76ZYW3J\default[1].htm is infected with the Artemis!775853B2163A virus !!!

c:\Program Files\HP DeskJet 710C Series\hpfxicm.exe

Found the Artemis!A03AFC9010F0 trojan !!!

c:\Program Files\HP DeskJet 710C Series\hpfxicm.exe is infected with the Artemis!A03AFC9010F0 virus !!!

Number of clean files: 137777

Number of infected files: 5

How can a get rid of these infected files? Is it any utility I can run to remove them?

Thanks!