McAfee QuickClean allows you several options for clearing temporary, secure, or obsolete information from your computer. It also contains computer management tools that can improve the speed and performance of your computer.McAfee QuickClean has several cleaning tools available:
- Recycle Bin Cleaner - Deletes items in your Recycle Bin.
- Temporary Files Cleaner - Deletes all files in your temporary directory.
- Shortcut Cleaner - Deletes shortcuts to folders or programs which no longer exist.
- Lost File Fragment Cleaner - Deletes file fragments no longer associated with a program.
- Registry Cleaner - Deletes registry keys no longer associated with a program.
- Cache Cleaner - Deletes your web browser cache.
- Cookie Cleaner - Deletes saved cookies.
- Browser History Cleaner - Clears the list of web sites you have recently visited.
- Outlook Express E-mail Cleaner (sent items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Express Sent Items folder.
- Outlook Express E-mail Cleaner (deleted items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Express Deleted Items folder.
- Outlook E-mail Cleaner (sent items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Sent Items folder.
- Outlook E-mail Cleaner (deleted items) - Deletes the contents of the Outlook Deleted Items folder.
- Recently Used Cleaner* - Clears the lists of recently accessed documents.
*Click Properties to clear the list of recently accessed files for available applications.
- ActiveX Cleaner - Deletes downloaded ActiveX installers.
- System Restore Point Cleaner - Clears old system restore points.
Please find the steps to configure and schedule QuickClean scans.
Inside QuickClean, click Start under Task Scheduler.
Type a name for the new task (you can also select the task you want to edit from the Select operation to schedule drop-down menu).
Select or de-select the cleaning utilities you want your QuickClean scan to use.
Select which type of deletion you wish this QuickClean task to use (Shredder or standard Windows deletion).
On the schedule panel, select the time interval at which you wish the scan to run:
- At System Startup
- At Logon
- When idle
Select the time of day to start the task.
Select the detailed schedule settings below (these change depending on your selected interval).
Note: The Show multiple schedules selection at the bottom of the page allows all available schedules to display simultaneously.
Click the X in the top right to close McAfee SecurityCenter.
Do revert back if you need more information on the same or any other issues ,
How do you no what to check or can you check them all or who would I ask thanks.......................Bruce-O