5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 8:42 AM by Dinz

download error: 0

im having trouble downloading mcafee total protection 2010 to my new computer that has windows 7 on it. everytime i try to download it gives me an error code:0. and when i try to run virtual technition it tells me im unable to connect to server which confuses me becuase my internet connection is just fine. if someone could help me that would be awesome.

• 1. Re: download error: 0
          Dinz

Hi rachelle,

Could you please provide the following information like ;

What is the version of your internet explorer ?
          Do you have all the available windows updates installed in the computer ?

Please post me with a screenshot of the error message .

Regards,

Dinesh K

• 2. Re: download error: 0

hey i have windows 7 ultimate which comes with internet explorer 8. i have all the updates done on the computer. and i have included a picture of the error message. thanks.

• 3. Re: download error: 0
              Dinz

Hi ,

Please check the following before proceeding with the download;

Check and delete if you find any other security software in add/remove program or their files & folders in C:/program files & common files.
              Run the Mcpreinstall tool from
              here
              Restart the computer  in safe mode with networking (Press F8 while the computer restarts) - (Ignore this step if you are using wireless connection for internet)
              Try installing the programs and let me know if you come across any issues.

Regards,
              Dinesh K

• 4. Re: download error: 0

hi,

okay i checked and i have no other security software in the computer anywhere, i ran the mcpreinstall and then i restarted in safe mode with networking and tried to install the program again and got the same exact results. i tried downloading the files again but got the same as the first time and i also tried running virtual technicion again but got the message unable to connect to server which confuses me becuase i can get on the internet just fine. when i was looking in the C drive i saw i have program files and program files (x86) and i know that one set is for 32 bit and the other is for 64 bit. when i first got my computer after i had the system reset(because i bought it used), i couldnt connect to the internet on the 32 or 64 bit IE. i checked the properties for both and they both had their target set to the program (x86) IE files so i switched the 32 bit IE's target to the regular program files and then i was able to connect to the internet with no problem. do you think that would affect me trying to load the antivirus?

• 5. Re: download error: 0
                  Dinz

Hi rachelle,

Please create a new user account in windows  and install the programs , If you still receive the error while installing the programs please feel free to get in touch with Mcafee chat technicians here so that they diagnose the issue and fix it for you.

Regards,
                  Dinesh K