1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 11:42 AM by Dinz

Have McAfee through comcast... its ending/ want to install non comcast mcAfee

Danii

I have McAfee through Comcast and I love it. Comcast is switching to Norton. I had Norton and all its nightmares for 4 years!

I also can get 1 year free McAfee from my Dell account. So when Comcast-McAfee ends in three weeks or so what do I do?

I have to uninstall the Comcast/McAfee correct? and re-install regular McAfee? How hard is that and will it leave me unprotected for the time to do it?

Also how do I find out exactly which version of McAfee I have on my computer.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Have McAfee through comcast... its ending/ want to install non comcast mcAfee
          Dinz

Hello Danii,

By the time the McAfee through Comcast expires, you will have to uninstall the programs and install the ones from dell – Mcafee account as they both are different packages. To find out the version of your security center , open security center and click About (to the right bottom corner) where you could find your product versions .

Please find the instructions to uninstall & reinstall Mcafee programs from this document, which will be of help.

Moving thread to Home General discussion

Thanks,
          Dinesh K