2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2010 8:11 PM by newjack

HELP

I have a Dell laptop (approx. 5 yrs. old) and my McAfee freqenty stopped working.  I got a message saying, "McAfee VirusScan has stopped working properly. McAfee, Inc. recommends that you go online to their website to check for the latest support information and product updates.  What should I do?  BTW I have Vista Home operating system.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Shirley

• 1. Re: HELP

Hi Sdipert,

You can go to the top of this page under useful links,then click tech support.On that page you will find Mcafee virtual technician.Download & run the virtual tech.See what it says and sve the log.

if there are problems it may be able to fix if not follow the same steps & go to technical support chat.I am not sure what problems you are haveing.They are more equipted to help on that matter.                                                                                                                                                                            Good luck, Jack

• 2. Re: HELP
            k3tg

Shirley,

The first thing I would suggest you do is to run the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links. It will scan for problems and attempt to fix them. When MVT is finished it will generate a report number which you should post here on the forum so we have a reference to it available. Next step would be to contact Technical Support Chat also found under Useful Links if MVT could not repair everything it found. They have some other tools to use to fix problems. Chat is available 24 hours and there is no charge where as if you wanted to use telephone support then you would have to pay a fee.

Good Luck

Tom