1 2 3 4 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 8:09 AM by Peter M

MVT reporting wrong expected dat info

My MVT ID:24998212

For the last week or so MVT has been reporting wrong expected dat number. Here is todays info:

Engine Up-to-date

Expected:5200

Existing:5400

DAT UP-to-date

Expected:5923

Existing: 5939

Should be expecting 5938 or 5939 not 5923.

Jerry

• 1. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info
          Peter M

Are you using an old installation of MVT?   Uninstall the one you have from Control Panel Program list and try downloading a new one.

As it's a holiday weekend and noone is around you may wish to contact Tecnical Support Chat if the problem repeats itself with a new installation of MVT.

They are linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

• 2. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info

Ok Peter I uninstalled MVT from control panel add remove programs and installed fresh copy of MVT from links above for technical support under useful links. Same results different day. Says expected dat is 5923 and my current dat is 5940. Evidently you did not run MVT or you would have probably seen same results.

Jerry

PS my session ID:25010546

• 3. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info
              Peter M

It says the same in mine but also says no problems found - which is fine with me.  I would assume that the last time MVT was rejigged 5923 was the latest DAT at that time and as long as you have one that's above that then you are OK.  I can't help you with that though, as I said, you'll have to use the Technical Support Chat line.

• 4. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info
                k3tg

Jerry, My MVT says the same thing as yours. When MVT finished I got a green check mark that says everything is OK.

Tom

• 5. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info

k3tg wrote:

Jerry, My MVT says the same thing as yours. When MVT finished I got a green check mark that says everything is OK.

Tom

Tom mine said no problems found also but the expected dat is wrong and not updated properly in MVT.

Jerry

• 6. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info

Ex_Brit wrote:

It says the same in mine but also says no problems found - which is fine with me.  I would assume that the last time MVT was rejigged 5923 was the latest DAT at that time and as long as you have one that's above that then you are OK.  I can't help you with that though, as I said, you'll have to use the Technical Support Chat line.

Thanke Peter for checking your MVT out. I am not worried about it but when MVT is updated before checking it should have correct dat info in it like MVT always had done before new 5..5.1.0 version. Talking to technical chat has always been a big joke for me as they never know anything about our problems. They always say it is our problem or problem with our computers. I have better results talking about problems on this forum as sometimes actual McAfee workers read it sometimes. Again thanks for checking yours out but talking with technical chat is nothing but a JOKE!!!.

Jerry

• 7. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info
                      Peter M

If you get the run around at the first level then you ask for the case to be escalated.

• 8. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info

Ex_Brit wrote:

OK Peter saying no problems found is not a problem now but say for a year from now if MVT 5.5.1.0 is still around and it still reports expected dat 5923 when actual dat would be around 6305. Now to me that would be a problem if your actual dat a year from now was still 5923 or a little above that and MVT still reported no problems found. When it updates each time before checking all the info should be correct. Oh well guess you do not get my drift but thanks for listening.

Jerry

• 9. Re: MVT reporting wrong expected dat info
                          Peter M

I understand exactly what you mean but I have no idea what stage the discrepancy has to reach before alarm bells go off.   Possibly 29 days but I would hope for less, I have no idea.

I can ask if you like, our conference call is Monday at 4pm ET.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next