5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2010 8:56 AM by Adi81

License problem

HI

I have bought McAfee Antivurus plus with 4 licenses...

Now after almost a year of use it tell me buy more licenses you have 7 in use...

I never had more then 4 computers and right now 2 are out of order but soon will make them work...

I have changed windows, hdd, video card even one mb...

I looked on the site there Where they tell me which computer use which license and they listed old computers or old versions of windows on the same computer.

At this moment i can`t install mcaffe on any computer... luck is that it still works on this one.

So my questions are: each time i reinstal windows or chnage a computer component i have to buy a new license? if not how do i erase the old licenses? or which service do i have to contact for this problem?

I`ll put a photo of the web page. Only one of the computers is in the list. the others are old versions

• 1. Re: License problem
          k3tg

You should contact customer service at the top of this page under Useful Links and they should be able to straighten this out for you.

• 2. Re: License problem

Thx k3tg.

This was the last option... I was hoping that someone here would know why this is happening...

• 3. Re: License problem

I found even more annoying problem. I bought new laptop with preinstalled McAfee 60-days trials with 3-PC's license. I'm travelling a lot. I connected the laptop to network during conference in Slovakia and now I have discovered that two licences are in use (the same laptop, same windows, same HW, nothing have changed). One is registered for IP address which I have home and another for the IP address which I was using during the conference time. Because, I do not have a static IP from my internet provider I'm curious when they change my IP, will I lost the last license ? Now I have doubt if to renew or not the McAfee license. Even worst, I have not found an E-mail address where I have to report this problem. :'(

• 4. Re: License problem
                exbrit

medved wrote:

I found even more annoying problem. I bought new laptop with preinstalled McAfee 60-days trials with 3-PC's license. I'm travelling a lot. I connected the laptop to network during conference in Slovakia and now I have discovered that two licences are in use (the same laptop, same windows, same HW, nothing have changed). One is registered for IP address which I have home and another for the IP address which I was using during the conference time. Because, I do not have a static IP from my internet provider I'm curious when they change my IP, will I lost the last license ? Now I have doubt if to renew or not the McAfee license. Even worst, I have not found an E-mail address where I have to report this problem. :'(

That certainly should not be happening so I suggest contacting Customer Service when you get home.

Link under Useful Links at the top of this page and make sure you select your country at the top right.

Those pages seem to be down at this moment so I can't post a direct link, sorry.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/09/10 9:58:41 EDT AM
                • 5. Re: License problem

Medved now i see yopur problem but the answer is simple...  you don`t need to call custemer service... On the license page you can activate/deactivate a license all by yourself so there it doesn`t matter if you have 2 same computers with 2 diffrent ips... you only deactivate the one with the ip you don`t use... this is tested i have 4 lincenses and i use them all so i know this same problem and solved like i said above.